8800ultra's black pearl editions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
i guy today has asked me to build him a system and his budget is like $6000. he like 13 and his family is paying for it. its strictly for gaming. I was thinking 3 8800ultra's black pearl editions in tri sli. what psu would u reccomend for something like this.

I don't even think triple SLI is possible, at least not to the general public at the moment.

yes it is. 780i boards support it.

But it doesnt give much of a performance boost. i hope he is getting a few 30in monitors to play on

its been out for a while... educate yourself! haha

EVGA | EVGA nForceâ„¢ 780i SLI Motherboard

heres a link to it on Newegg tho:

EVGA 780i on Newegg

and no, its not that big a performance boost, nor would you ever need anything like that unless youre using multiple, BIG monitors...

and thats just an absurd budget for a 13-year old... if youre 13, you dont even need a gaming computer, let alone one like youre talking about... i didnt get one till i was 16 AND i got a JOB and paid for it myself... thats just ridiculous...

but despite my opinion on the subject, this should help:

Newegg - Power Supply Calculator

good luck :) - RK

Quad SLI is already running as well. I saw it on eBay once on some crazy motherboard. They were using 4 WC'd Ultras.

my thinking was the 750tx, i wasn't sure though. he doesn't want it for another month though, don't ask mye why.if 9800gtx's come out in time i'll get three of those instead.like i said is familly is paying for it (there a wealthy familly).

what your point about buying your comp im only 15, i worked for my first comp when i was 12, iv had a job at my fams buisness since then, now i build comps and fix comp for people.

Quad SLI is already running as well. I saw it on eBay once on some crazy motherboard. They were using 4 WC'd Ultras.

id like to see a link on that one... cuz i sure havent heard anything about that... : /

what your point about buying your comp im only 15, i worked for my first comp when i was 12, iv had a job at my fams buisness since then, now i build comps and fix comp for people.

my point is that if you are so young, odds are good you dont need a gaming computer... and especially not one like youre talking (a 5k+ build)
even at 15 years old... youre not even old enough to technically be allowed to play M rated games... barely even T ones, for that matter... so you really shouldnt be playing alot of the games that people build PC's like that to play (i.e., crysis, counterstrike, battlefield, etc... violent/FPS games)
hence the absurdity of something like this...
i do applaud you for having a job tho and working for it... thats how it should be... i value my computer and the other things i have now that i know the amount of work it took to be able to buy them... when things like that are handed to you... youll be immature and ill-prepared for the harsh reality of the real world...
plus, if you cant even type and use grammar well, i seriously question your maturity and technical abilities... so a friend even younger than you... *shakes head*... but thats besides the point...

i guess well get back to the build in question...

Power supply:
PC Power and Cooling 750 Silencer, Red or black.
Corsair 750TX

these are both good choices, and something in the 700+ range would be best for a build like this... heres links to those two for more info:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX ATX12V / EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Retail
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75QB EPS12V 750W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, ULC, CE, CB, RoHS - Retail
i personally like the pc power and cooling one better... but theyre both solid... - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom