Installing vista,

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well, im running XP but gonna try vista on my new computer, but when installing vista from XP from befor the format it has, you click format and it only takes like 10 secounds then it trys to say it formatted your harddrive. when i have a 250gb. but if i run the XP disc it will go into detail how i can do a quick format or a FULL long format and it clears everything off, so therefor would i need to run my XP disc and do the long format and when XP is on, just install vista and do a quick format, so then ill know my harddrive would be formatted, i just don't know why the Vista disc don't have a full format option like XP does..

The vista format fully formats my pc every time just fine.

a 3/4full 1 TB HD in under a minute. and now its working with full capacity. I figure its the only thing microsoft ever did right.

just weird, with XP it takes around 2 hours to fully reformat a 250GB HD but with vista it takes like 10 secounds, i just didnt think it was doing a full reformat, just a quick one and didnt clear everything off like a full reformat would

well, if i do a full reformat with XP then install XP then install vista after my drivers arnt there anymore they're gone, but if i have drivers installed on xp then i just reformat with vista and install vista, the drivers and video drivers are there meaning it didnt wipe my HDD like it should

Vista does not do a full format during install. When you choose the format option it just does a quick format. This is the only option Vista has for formatting.

well, if i do a full reformat with XP then install XP then install vista after my drivers arnt there anymore they're gone, but if i have drivers installed on xp then i just reformat with vista and install vista, the drivers and video drivers are there meaning it didnt wipe my HDD like it should

Why are you installing XP, then installing Vista over that immediately? Why not install Vista and Vista only?

It's probably doing that because it's just upgrading to Vista. Just delete the partition, format, and install Vista. No need to install XP...

welp never had to delete a partition manually, just always did it by the xp disc... whats a good manually way to do it, so i can just install a fresh copy of vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom