Fan Arrangement - Antec 900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
fansqh4.jpg

Should I make the fan in the back an intake or an exhaust?

i think u should make it an exhaust fan because hot air comes out near the back because of teh graphic cards...and hot air rises and that back fan will just suck it in....how come u put ur CPU fan towards the top and not towards the back?

The rear should always be an exhaust, like AP4LIFETN explained.

AP4LIFETN said:
how come u put ur CPU fan towards the top and not towards the back?
He put it that way, so the 200mm top exhaust can suck the hot air rising from it.

rightright... from my understanding, you always want air to run like... through your comp... in one side, out the other...
and out the top, if you can... though, idk about you CPU fan placement... out the back would make more sense to me than out the top... but its not as big a deal as the back exhaust issue... good luck :) - RK

Heat naturally rises, so the way he has his heatsink, and with the rear fan for exhaust, it will keep the CPU pretty cool.

Actually either way the heatsink is placed, it's all good, if the rear is exhaust.

Heat naturally rises, so the way he has his heatsink, and with the rear fan for exhaust, it will keep the CPU pretty cool.

Actually either way the heatsink is placed, it's all good, if the rear is exhaust.

ya, exactly... hmmm... i guess youre right... since the heat will naturally go straight up, i guess facing it up would be sliiightly more efficient...
the exhaust is the important thing tho, in order to get decent through-and-through airflow :) - RK

Merk, you CAN mount a side fan if you dont mind cutting up a fan a bit. If you cut off the corner of the can guard, it will fit. Also, as far as the positioning of the TRUE, i found it actually cools better vertically, but then again mine makes better contact with the cpu that way. So you might want to try it in multiple configurations. And yes, the rear is exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom