Help me choose my new GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can afford the 8800GTS go for the MSI. Or the MSI 8800GT(this one seems to have the best cooling solution) and overclock. Reason. The MSI's are the cheapest option out of the list.

But I think for warranty, XFX and BFG are up there.

In the end though, an 8800GT is an 8800GT, and a GTS is a GTS.

So far Im leaning towards the MSI 8800GT. The speed difference is minimal, but the cooling system is much different, as is the price by a good $50+

for what reason? the GT is only slightly slower but it seems to have a better cooling system, not to mention its $100 cheaper with the $30 rebate, a good $60-70 without it

GTS vs GT Main differences

678MHz vs 660MHz
1944MHz vs 1900MHz
128 str proc vs 112 procs
cooling vs cooling
$289 or $259 with rebate vs $216 or $186 with rebate

are the differences in speed worth the spike in price?

It would depend on how much you want to spend. The MSI GT is cheaper, and when overclocked, will rival the GTS.

If you aren't going to upgrade for some time, the GTS would last a bit longer.

Well, Im choosing this as my BDAY gift so the price really isnt an issue, Im just trying to figure out which Ill get the better performance out of.

Also this is really my first upgrade, but its been about 8 or so months since I built this originally, so I imagine thats about how frequent I will upgrade. Im sure Ill have the card for around a year or so, but Im not lookin for which has the max life, just pure best performance, and cooling as well

9800gtx at end of march! what! :p

though it'll just be an 8800gts w/ a new "revised" core and probably just binned higher for higher clocks... or just more voltage.. lol one of the two...

Get an ultra if price isnt an issue :)

It's hard to say though between the 8800 GT and the 8800 GTS g92, its just if you have that money and want to go the extra little bit you will get better performance out of it. But if you want to save yourself that money you will get a little less performance from the 8800 GT. In the end its up to you and it's simply how much performance do you want. Just keep in mind, the GTS when OC'd can compete with the GTX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom