Recommended PC Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Corsair in my opinion, is of higher quality, and looks to be a more stable PSU. I'm sure the Antec can power all of that, though.

But if you use most of the cables from the Corsair, it shouldn't be a problem not being a modular, would it?

Or you can get the Corsair 520HX from buy.com for $99.99 free shipping, along with an extra $10 off, if you checkout with google.

haha good point on the need for modular.
i think i will stick with the corsair ATM. that big 'ol single rail....i like that a lot.
thanks for the advice b1g.

i think i will stick with the corsair ATM. that big 'ol single rail....i like that a lot.

I got mine for $69.99 at frys, so it was a good deal for me. Its a nice psu, i would say stability and quality are the same, since both are seasonic engineered. I could tell as soon as i pulled it out and felt how heavy it was. I used a standard case psu on my previous rig lol, and yes that system still runs.

N-dogg, why don't you get a PC Power and Cooling 610 for $120, cheap, and allows for a lot of upgrades in the future (aka that Phenom ;))

or a 1.6kw psu just to show off to your friends... you better have a forklift to move your case around tho.. i lifted one of them up the other day at the store it had to have weighed at least like 30lbs i was like dang it doesnt look that heavy

f*** it. im just gonna pull an 18-wheeler up to my window and run my rig off its batteries.
while it idles outside. forever. until i have to get another 18 wheeler because my rig is too uber to run off of one.

seriously. with power requirements going down on just about every component, i think the corsair will be fine for the rest of this rigs life, anyway.
i just got my 8800gts 512, BTW. the step-up was super fast 10 days door to door.
the main reason i got a new PSU was i think it kept killing (circuit city's LOL LOL LOL..."this thing just doesnt work right"...LOL LOL LOL) the other video cards i was putting in it. first the 8600gs, then an 8800gts 320, then i put the second 320 in it just this weekend. no overclocking my new card till the new PSU gets here (ok maybe just a little).
if any of you 590 SLI guys get the error code "7F", yer video card hath gone the way of the dodo bird.
byt the way....there is NO info on that code really on the net. it took me 2 cards (luckily not MINE lol lol lol) to figure it out. thanks evga for that awesome manual that details the codes so precisely, wtFe.

p.s. i just got the tracking info on the corsair today (to be delivered on wednesday)...7 lbs. gulp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom