Recommended PC Components

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should add the Q6600 to either or both the medium/high end budget.

Probably more so the High medium or medium high, however you want to say it.

There's only a medium and a high. But I'll add it to the medium, since the prices are going down.

***Update***

Mid-end/budget
-Added DFI Lanparty DK P35-T2RS
-Added Thermalright Ultima-90
-Added Antec NeoPower 550W

High-end/budget
-Removed Samsung Spinpoint T 500GB
-Added newegg link for DFI LP LT X38-T2R
-Added 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2-800 PQs
-Added Corsair 650TX
-Added Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB
-Added Scythe Slipstream 120mm to TRUE

Please feel free to suggest any other changes.

Thanks ricanflow. It has been added to the mid-end/budget. Been needing more recommendations for modulars. I didn't add the 500W, because of the 550's identical price.

^^hmmmm^
rats, i wish i had seen that neopower 550 before.
i just bought a corsair 550vx (non modular) because my old psu is acting up a little.
i really wanted modular, but i needed it asap (shipping 20-25 bucks NE 2-day), and that made the 520hx like 160 bucks, while the 550VX is only like 125, plus it has a 15.00 MIR.
which means the neo-power i could have bought for exactly the same price and had a modular 550W
crap.
you guys think i should return the 550VX for the antec 550? unfortunately its too late for me to change my order at the egg, it will ship tommorow. lol i can always buy the antec and just return the corsair. opinions?

hmmmm. air flow isnt that big of a deal with the non modular that i have now, so that really isnt a concern.
i just wonder, is the antec 550 up to snuff with the corsair 550?
is it any better/worse/the same etc etc.
i know the corsair has a single 41A rail, the antec has 3 18A rails. my new g92 8800gts 512 will be here tuesday, and i know it draws less power than my old 8800gt 512. i dont have that many peripherals...
lots of usb devices (5 or 6 most of the time), 2 HDDs, 1 dvd, 3 120mm fans, zalman 9500, and typically dont have to up the juice very much to pull 3.2-3.3 out of my 5000BE. now, when i upgrade to either an intel 8500 (maybe), a q6600, or a phenom quad, which PSU will server me better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom