HardDrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, tried the WD diagnostic software,
Upon the first try the software said, some problem with the cable, so tried another cable but still had some problems in detecting the hard drive. Then I tried the FAT32 formatting software provided by WD, before formatting, the hard drive was automatically recognized and the autorun function kicked in and I had access to the drive.

Another ODD thing, the rolling sound in the hard drive is gone and the hard drive is revolving.

But, I can hear some type of sound inside the the Hard drive when it revolves or searches from something. I think I am gonna give WD a call and see if they can replace this hard drive for another one.

I believe the hard drive was probably in my friends bag and got jolted around a bit, but still the hard drive shouldn't simply go bad with a few jolts, I know because this is my third drive.

Anyway thanks for the suggestion to download the software.

thats good, some times components do weird stuff like that but in this case i bet the was a part flopping around but it worked its way back into place, i would get your data off then get your money back, or another drive.

I checked the website and my product is under warranty, I just wanted to know how long does it stay under in-limited warranty? Will the warranty be available in 4weeks or is it only applicable for like 30days from the purchase date. Don't ask but I can't ship the product from my current location, probably in a month's time, is that okay or should I send it as soon as possible?

eh... depends on where you bought it and also the WD warranty itself... check your receipt, or online it should have the company's return/warranty policy... i would send it as soon as i could if i were you... but if thats not possible, like i said, check the policy of where you bought it, or the WD site... good luck :) - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom