what to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, budget is not as much an issue. it's more not wanting to build from scratch. i'd prefer to just swap Cpu's or toss in a second card in SLi out of sheer laziness. the game runs well on med and ok on high settings, i just want to iron out the wrinkles. wasnt sure if the AI was slowing the CPU, or if the GPU needed a little extra oomph.

Also, why do you say that the 8800gts cant run in SLi? i've seen several articles testing the Gts 320 SLi capabilities(since i have the 320, that's all the articles i've really looked for :)

(BUT REMEMBER YOU CANT RUN SLI WITH THE 8800gts and the 8800gt)
the only thing i meant is i dont think they would both be compatible in sli both the 8800GT & 8800GTS together in same board at same time ...
...i am not 100% positive but i am around 80% lol

the only thing i meant is i dont think they would both be compatible in sli both the 8800GT & 8800GTS together in same board at same time ...

ahhhh. yeah, you're right, you have to run the same card to get SLi. wouldn't it be nice to just be able to plug any two gpu's you wanted into any dual graphics mobo(hint*hint to nVidia and ATI)

yeh thats correct 8800GT outperforms the GTS

out performs the GTS as long as it is not the GTS G92, meaning the 512MB verison.

Yes, u have to have the same card to SLI or crossfire. And you can SLI your card with another one, but I think what they are saying is its better if you get rid of your current card and pick up an 8800 GT 512 (u can get a leadtek for like $189 on clubit). You will notice a diffrence between the 2 cards.

well think of it this way you can buy one 8800gt and sell your old 8800gts for another 8800gt and run those in sli for a b****in pc

He could, but i recommend you stay away from SLI, it's just not worth it and trust me i know. Besides, Crysis has a ****** time with SLI, i think veedub said he lost 1-2 FPS with his 8800 GTS(g92's) in sli... so I would stick with the 1 8800 GT 512. And if you still are not satisfied after that upgrade, then you should follow the advice of the first few repliers to your thread. And go for a mobo and cpu upgrade, but i think you will be fine with 1 8800 GT 512.

Oh wait, about that sli and crysis, i think a recent update or patch or something migth of fixed that... but still i stick by what i said before, i wouldn't recommend SLI atm.

he says he has amd so if he prob. has limited money why are you guys telling him to switch over to INTEL
he would have to get a new processor and MOBO /heatsink

he is saying OR or so he prob only has enough money to get just one.

Cause they're sick *******s hehehehe. Anyone can say what they want, but unless we're dealing with Quads then AMD still has the best price to performance curve.

lol at Nohhabadee, that would rock wouldn't it? Being able to SLI Nvidia and Ati together.

but unless we're dealing with Quads then AMD still has the best price to performance curve.

Thats completely untrue. AMD does not always offer the best price to performance curve, even if you don't overclcock

For example, E2200 cost $10 cheaper on newegg than 5000+. And according to this review they perform on par on average

I'm not denying that AMD does offer a good price to performance. But they are not always better than Intel even if you don't overclock

Also, E2220 which have 200MHz higher clock speed than E2200 is going to come out very soon (either this week or the next week). And its pricing should be the same as the current E2200. In other words, Intel is getting much better at the budget market month after a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom