Wire Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, 120mm fans are exactly that, 120mms in diameter and 80's are 80mm. you can buy adapters to fit in the space if it will work, otherwise you can modify your case

oh I see...well I'm gonna have 7 80mm case fans at the end of the day, but my temps are still pretty high , 50C idle and in the 60C on load...so I dunno what my next step is...I guess I'll have to get away from the stock cpu cooler lol.

On my system (see below) my temps were about the same as yours with the stock heat sink and fan. After I got a Swiftech MCX478 hs and a thermaltake smart case fan II, my temps dropped to about 40C idle and 50-55C idle. And my case temp is still to high...cpu fan takes in to much air...messes up air flow...with better air flow for my case, I would see even more change in the cpu temp. Getting a good hsf is the best thing you can do for you temps!!!

I see so should my next step in creating a better airflow would be adding those 2 more intake fans (creating 5 intake and 2 exhaust) and then look into getting a decent cpu heatsink and fan? How much do you think that would help in dropping the temps..

I also bought some round IDE cables and installed them today... my temps are now cpu idea: 46 and case: 39... but once I start that Unreal Tourney the temps SKY ROCKET, and eventually my pc will shut down because my temps reach the 60s...which sucks to say the least. So what does everyone think?

i don't think 5intake fans and 2 exhaust fans is a good idea. you want an even flow of air. 5x the amount of air goin in and 2x the amount going out, thats disruption.

according to the pic you displayed i don't understand why you having heat issues. there is nothing there to obstruct airflow.

is buying another case an option for you??

well I mean my temps get pretty high during gaming like in the 60s and my pc shuts down for some odd reason when it gets that hot...

As far as another case goes what do you have in mind?

if I was reading right you still haven't got anything but a stock cpu fan and heatsink, therein lies your prob.....gotta first start with the source of your heat...the CPU...cool it better, the rest of the case cooling comes a LOT easier.

pcw-markings.jpg

heres my pic with my new round IDE cable...So just take a look and yes thats a stock intel hs and fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom