what to upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohbahdee

Solid State Member
alright, runnin a tl570 mobo, 8800gts 320 gpu, amd4200+ 2.2g, and 4G ram with vista64.

if i really want to improve my crysis play, what's the better option:
A) upgrade cpu to 6400+ black edition.
OR
B) get a second graphics card to run in SLI.

which would offer a better performance boost both in game and all around?

thanks.

Welcome to Tech Forums, Nohbahdee!!!

If you want an overall performance boost, as well as in gaming, upgrading the processor to a Core 2 Duo or Quad will help. And a P35 chipset motherboard to go with it.

hmmm... crysis isnt that CPU intensive, from my understanding... so wouldnt he be better off getting another or a better card for a boost in game performance? :) - RK

alright, runnin a tl570 mobo, 8800gts 320 gpu, amd4200+ 2.2g, and 4G ram with vista64.

if i really want to improve my crysis play, what's the better option:
A) upgrade cpu to 6400+ black edition.
OR
B) get a second graphics card to run in SLI.

which would offer a better performance boost both in game and all around?

thanks.
he says he has amd so if he prob. has limited money why are you guys telling him to switch over to INTEL
he would have to get a new processor and MOBO /heatsink

he is saying OR or so he prob only has enough money to get just one.

he says he has amd so if he prob. has limited money why are you guys telling him to switch over to INTEL
he would have to get a new processor and MOBO /heatsink

i dunno... thats how alot of people in these forums are... got a bunch of AMD-haters out there... XD - RK

^not intended to start a battle, gents... just making a point that intel isnt ALWAYS the most logical choice... like here :)^

To be most cost effective and still fit the budget, get a new videocard:
Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
this will perform a ton better than a SLI setup of the 8800GTS 320mb.

It is hard to get a notable CPU upgrade since you already got a 4200+.
If your not satisfied with the performance of the new videocard, then get the CPU as well.

You could always go with the other memebers and get a whole new Intel p35 motherboard and CPU, but that will be much more expensive than just upgrading your computer right now.

^thank you^... i agree with darksideleader, and thats what i was trying to say from the start... a different video card, to me, would make more sense and would give him a more noticeable boost than upgrading his CPU... especially in crysis... which, again, to my understanding is not all that CPU intensive: its more about your video card and also your harddrive speed (the makers recommend a raptor-quality harddrive to play it best)... getting a whole new mobo and CPU might be better in the long run... but for now, the most cost-effective thing would be to go for a GPU upgrade, i think... - RK

ok if you want a overall pc upgrade you can get the processor

i kinda didnt notice it was for crysis(or wasnt payin attention lol srry guys)

ok i agree get that 8800gt Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GT 512M OC GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail that will be a better purchase than almost anything else you can get
(BUT REMEMBER YOU CANT RUN SLI WITH THE 8800gts and the 8800gt)
but this shouldnt be a prob. because like they said the 8800GT 512 will outperform the 8800GTS 320mb even with two of them in sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom