updating BIOS now, need help doing it plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
im gonna flash BIOS tonight to v1.3 from v1.1. Now i need good suggestions or instructions on how to do it so i wont mess it, this will be the first time im flashing BIOS.

here is the link im getting the BIOS from (official site of course):

MSI -- MICRO-STAR INT'L CO., LTD.

i have a CD here to use. I'll flash BIOS late tonight, so i can give ppl time to give me suggestions on what to do.

EDIT:

FYI, i tried using Live Update, but the stupid ActiveX thing doesnt work, even if i allow it to show the content, it freezes n then i have to quit out of the program.

Don't unplug your comp while you're updating? lol, that's about the best advice I can give. It takes less than 10 seconds to do.

May I ask why you're downgrading your BIOS version, rather than updating it? You said you were going from 1.3 to 1.1?

Otherwise, just look in your mobo manual, and it should tell you step-by-step on what to do.

Don't unplug your comp while you're updating? lol, that's about the best advice I can give. It takes less than 10 seconds to do.

May I ask why you're downgrading your BIOS version, rather than updating it? You said you were going from 1.3 to 1.1?

Otherwise, just look in your mobo manual, and it should tell you step-by-step on what to do.

He's going to 1.3 from 1.1.

Oh, haha.. misread it... Guess that's a sign I should probably be going to bed, cuz I even re-read it twice to make sure that's what he was doing >.<

good news n bad news:

good news: i got MSI Live Update to work......sort of. It came with an MSI Live Monitor that will montior the latest updates, drivers, BIOS, etc. With that, i was able to upgrade to BIOS v1.3 from v1.1 with no floppy or thumbdrive.

bad news: i cant set back my custom settings *sig*. It has the vRAM of 2.2v in red for unstable now, n i try OCing back to 3.0GHz but wont load unless i put it back to 2.6. Right now i have it at 2.7MHz, ram is 860 4-4-4-12-24. I'm gonna tweak with it some more to get back to 3.0GHz, ill be sure to let u know where im at later today, ok?

UPDATE:

YES! I got it working at 3.2GHz, but RAM speed had to be slower, still tweaking as we speak. Here is a screenshot of my progress:

22222222222.jpg

cropped it to be able to upload on photobucket.

keep an eye on the HT link

what do i need to be aware of?

oh, i just got to 3.332.8GHz, my FSB at 215, Multiplier at x15.5, n RAM speed is at 416.

im gonna stop right now, because i dont want to damage 2 x 1GB RAM i have to return tomorrow.

EDIT:

aww, sound card isnt working..........im gonna download the latest driver n see if that works, i hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom