1.55v++ E8400

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanWhitell

In Runtime
I got my e8400 to 4.4 GHZ but its unstable and its voltage is at 1.552 (according to cpuz) and max temp was about 60 with ultra 120 X. should i keep bumping up my voltage, or shoud i lower my clock because 1.55+ seems really high. All i have done so far is upped cpu voltage and FSB i have not touched any other settings, are there some settings i can change (Maximus Formulus BIOS) to stabalize my system

umm... i think you should be happy w/ 4.4.... 1.55 is alot for a q6600 and those are meant to run higher voltages.. so i think you should stop where your at... maybe for a suicide run its cool... but i dunno.. i wouldnt suggest going that high...

I strongly suggest that you lower the voltage, as well as lower the clocks enough for stability. I've been reading that these 45nm processors are not as tolerant of high voltages as the 65nm processors. Intel recommends no more than 1.36v for the E8400. 1.55 is way too high for daily use.

k i think im going to try to get a 4.1-4.3 stable, i cant seem to get anything stable. also i have another qeustion, when my cpu was at 3.0 i got the same frames (number of frames when it completed) in the cpu test of 3dmark 06 than i got at 4.4, but my score was about 200-250 points higher, that deosnt seem right to me, how about you? ill try toi get a fully stable overclock then ill see what happens

Doesn't seem right to me either. It's probably due to the unstable overclock.

k i think im going to try to get a 4.1-4.3 stable, i cant seem to get anything stable. also i have another qeustion, when my cpu was at 3.0 i got the same frames (number of frames when it completed) in the cpu test of 3dmark 06 than i got at 4.4, but my score was about 200-250 points higher, that deosnt seem right to me, how about you? ill try toi get a fully stable overclock then ill see what happens

you guys must be unlucky. at 4ghz, i was at 1.34vcore. and i got 1000 point bump in 3dmark

but yeah, i would not feel comfortable running at 1.55. I got to 4.5ghz at 1.46 and I was starting to worry. So just be careful.

and what is your vid?

I strongly suggest that your lower the voltage, as well as lower the clocks enough for stability. I've been reading that these 45nm processors are not as tolerant of high voltages as the 65nm processors. Intel recommends no more than 1.36v for the E8400. 1.55 is way too high for daily use.

yep, that's correct. it's always the case with a die shrink that they have a lower voltage tolerance.

what frequency is your memory running at?

does anyone know what the voltage is ok at? I know that the suggested is only 1.36. What was it for the 65nm?? was it 1.55? I just want to know what to safely run it at.

threadjack sorry

i haven't heard of an identified "hard limit" and there rarely is one. common sense and the individual chip dictates what a safe voltage is. the lifespan of your processor when you over volt it is all up to you :p

1.55v is too high in my humble opinion though. i can't see these new 45nm chips needing more than 1.4v really. at a guesstimate i'd say anything over 1.45v and you're significantly shortening the lifespan of your CPU. that is really a guess as i do not have enough hands on experience to make an accurate judgement. 1.36v is odd seeing as my Q6600 is specced for 1.35v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom