Finally Done!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

santa

Baseband Member
This was my first ever time building a computer and I got it to work perfectly on the first time :D

(25% luck 50% guessing 25% reading the manual :p )

im running an intel core 2 duo e8400 @ idle temp of 20 degrees Celsius, i have all drivers installed. the graphics card is super sexy too, 8800GTS 512mb, 4gb ram (3.5 because of the 512mb the gfx card takes) I cant wait until i get my games installed so i can experience the full force of the 8800gts :D

Congrats on build and congrats on understanding that the GPU takes up a memory address in a 32bit OS.

512mb the gpu takes?? im glad you had a good first build.

yeah because its an 8800 gts 512mb card, thats why you dont see 4gb when you have 4gb installed, the graphics card uses that 512mb, at least thats what i know from what i've heard

edit: ty peter!

yup im not planning on going to 32 bit at this moment, nor overclock since i didnt even get to test out my current speeds :p i only set this up about 2 hours ago. I might overclock my stuff once i learn how though. btw does overclocking void my warranty with intel?

Yea but everyone here does it. Its not as dangerous as it use to be. Do lots of research so you understand everything and your on your way. I mean Intel doesn't make unlocked multi cpu's cause they want you to run them at stock speeds. They oc their stuff at shows too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom