8800gt temps and OC'n

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
I was wondering what some of the other people that have 8800gt's temps are like? mine seems to idle around 55-60C which seems a bit high to me at stock settings. during game play i think it gets up into the 70s or even 80s, haven't really checked. Is there any good heatsinks out for it that aren't outrageously expensive? i might consider one or i might just put some mx-2 on myself...

Ati tool reports mine is at 51C idle, and gets into the 70C's under load. GPUZ reports 38C idle, so I don't know which one to believe. But it doesn't really matter because as long as its below 120C it's ok. And thats with the fans set to 70%, at 100% idle is about 45C, load doesn't get to 70C but the fan is annoying.

well obviously ATI Tool aint gonna work well with NVIDIA
lol what? That doesn't make sense... ATI Tool reports/OC's nVidia cards fine...

I was wondering what some of the other people that have 8800gt's temps are like? mine seems to idle around 55-60C which seems a bit high to me at stock settings. during game play i think it gets up into the 70s or even 80s, haven't really checked. Is there any good heatsinks out for it that aren't outrageously expensive? i might consider one or i might just put some mx-2 on myself...

I idle at 41-42, and load at 55-56. My fan's at 75%, with Rivatuner.

lol what? That doesn't make sense... ATI Tool reports/OC's nVidia cards fine...

I idle at 41-42, and load at 55-56. My fan's at 75%, with Rivatuner.

That's pretty good. Aftermarket cooling I'm guessing?

And ATiTool works fine with nVidia cards...I've never had a problem at all.

That's pretty good. Aftermarket cooling I'm guessing?

And ATiTool works fine with nVidia cards...I've never had a problem at all.

Nope, stock cooling. Running at 730/1000 constantly, and 41-42 idle w/ 55-56 load (like I said before). I'm quite happy =D. Thanks for the great card, Veedub!

hmmm... i use to use ati tool, but for some reason it doesn't work right on my computer anymore (i think since i've switched cards) so i just went to rivatuner and it works fine i think. hmmm i still think i will put some mx-2 just because.

I get the same exact temps man, thing is my room is always hotter than the rest of the house, so thats prolly why. I have my fan set to 50%, cause anything higher just gets too anooying. Part of that reason is why i want the gts, for the better cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom