Should I go for 1 final upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipper145

Solid State Member
Well I am not sure what to do. Right now my computer specs are:
3800x2@2.4ghz. 2gb ddr ram. Asus A8V. x1950 pro AGP, and a 450w ps.

I am considering buying an Ati HD 3850 agp for my computer for approximatly $215 canadian.

My thinking is that this last upgrade will let my computer last me until it's time for me to go to college. This would be around september 2009. At that point I probably won't have too much time to play games anymore, and would probably get a laptop to use during my college/university time.

Do you think I should do this 1 last upgrade? Do nothing? Or do something else entirely.

If your gonna upgrade, dont go half way and be stuck with something that may not make it strong in 09. I say bump it up to a 3870, instead of the 3850.

If your gonna upgrade, dont go half way and be stuck with something that may not make it strong in 09. I say bump it up to a 3870, instead of the 3850.

I would, but I dont think theres an AGP version of the 3870. But there are AGP 3850's for sale now.

Then again, I could always wait to see if an AGP 3870 gets released.

Your right, i didn't realize there isn't an agp version. Agp is being phased out, so if they don't have a card now, they probably wont have much incentive to make one later. In this case, i would say go with the 3850 then.

if you dont game a lot, I would say dont upgrade. Save that money and get a better laptop. or save it for your life. never know when 200 will come in handy.

plus, no way you will be able to sell that card for anything in sept. agp, and old... not a good combo if you would want to sell it.

i agree with NOCLUE, that system won't sell for much. ultimatly you should either save for a bran new system for college of like noclue sugessted save for a good laptop.

if you dont game a lot, I would say dont upgrade. Save that money and get a better laptop. or save it for your life. never know when 200 will come in handy.

plus, no way you will be able to sell that card for anything in sept. agp, and old... not a good combo if you would want to sell it.

I do game alot, and I think that this final upgrade will extend the life of my computer for a while longer.

I'm also not to worried about not being able to sell it. I don't think I'll sell it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom