Help me upgrade! Cant decide what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see

Im liking the 8800GTS G92 right now, its the same price as mine but got about 500mhz diff clock speed, among other improvements

would it be wise to upgrade to one of these? Or is there a new series coming out soon? If nothing new is coming til Fall or late 08 then I will upgrade, I can upg again in 6 months if its worth it

the 9000 series is out now... however it is only the 9600 which is roughly equal to the 8800 gt series

go with a evga 8800 over the other brands because it has a step up program so you can upgrade and just pay the difference rather than buying a whole new card.. im not exactly sure how the difference in price works but it saves a lil money for sure ( you get 3 months to trade up to a new card)

the 8800 gts is a wise upgrade.

There is always something better coming out, no point in waiting. Just buy one. Unless the 4xxx series ati is coming out in like.. a week.

I agree with you noclue98, there is always something new coming out

I was just wondering cuz if they were coming out in like a month and they were significantly better then I could wait, but if not then theres no point, Ill happily upgrade again after a good 6 months or so of use

Thanks for your help guys! Still taking suggestions!

EDIT - any idea on which one to get (8800GTS G92)? There are so many, I was thinking this one:

Newegg.com - BFG Tech BFGE88512GTSE GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

yeah, the gtx might be a lot better, but it will likely be over 400. or the 9800 gx2, also around the 450 range I think. So the GTS is a great deal. or, the GT. unless you play at 1900x1200 res, than a GT will pretty much crush anything out. (cept crysis, but that is a given)

well nothing crushes crysis. Even the 3870x2, which performs on par with the ultra. So if you really want to be able to crush crysis, I think crossfire the new 4xxx series, but since you have an SLI board.. ehhh..

I think if you are really basing this on crysis, then wait for the 4xxx and the 9800 gtx to see how they perform.

and what res are you playin at?

Im really not sure, Ill check when I get home. And Im not looking for super low fps on very high settings, Id much rather have really good fps and keep it on Medium or High

well the gts can run at all high settings on 1900x1200 at about 25 fps. but that is a lil low, and it drops sometimes. So mabye on a lil lower res, you can run 35-40 or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom