What x38 should I go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the tuniq is 50$ with a descent fan in it, my chip stays at like 28 degress idle at stock on lowest rpm which is completely silent. overclocked to 3.8 its at 38 idle, and 55 load.

is there 2? b/c i see it as 39.99, if you can get it to 3.8 then 3.5/3.6 should be perfect then. Looks like thats what Im going to go for then

ya i got a tuniq, and a maximus formula with crucial ram and a q6600, not even lapped either. the tuniq has a good stock surface. if you get a good vid and a G0 steping you should be able to clock just as high as me.

Whats a G0 Steping?

I plan on getting a eVGA 8800GT, and a Thermaltake toughpower 700w PSU to run this system and its all going to be in an Antec Nine Hundred with 2GB of Ballistix Tracers DDR2 800 (4 cas 4-4-4-12 timing

Edit: Also What did you mean by "its not even Lapped"

ya i got a tuniq, and a maximus formula with crucial ram and a q6600, not even lapped either. the tuniq has a good stock surface. if you get a good vid and a G0 steping you should be able to clock just as high as me.

G0 Revision

I would get the quad gt, and I have the maximus.
My only reason is that if you plan on ever doing really high fsb, then you have to level up your ram too. You cant set the dram:freq ratio. rather annoying. So to get really high (like my 4.5 ghz suicide stuff) then you have to run your ram really fast to get it to boot. (like my ddr800 was at 1000 at like 6-5-5-19 or something just to boot.

so quad gt, cheaper, just as good

How can you tell if its G0 or not?

edit: My zipcode is 99702 and I try to type it in to see what shipping is and it says "This Shipping option is not available for State:AK " I dont think Clubit ships to Alaska...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom