nzxt lexa blackline case!! very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, yeah i guess i did ask for opinions, well its either i buy it out (in groups) or i never get it. anyways i have decided to get most of the parts in the next shipment, everything except for the hdd, and the gpu.

if you've got a PC at home that you can dismantle, use the HDD from there as well as the DVD/CD Drive, you'll save money and you don't need the increased performance from a better HDD or Optical Drive (unless you burn a whole lot of CD/DVDs or if you really want fast data retrieval, the difference isn't that big)

thats what im doing, since i have 2 drives in my comp right now i can use both pc's, i am going to use the one right now as a theater system. the only thing is the hdd is slow and same as the cd rom so when i have the money i'll pick up a dvd writer and a seagate baraccuda 500gig.

eh, DVD burner speeds won't make much of a difference unless your burning a lot, I'd save the meager cash you can, but its your choice, HDs on the other hand have a nice faster bootup by maybe a couple seconds

its not so much that i burn cd,s i want to be able to burn dvd's also, and for
$45 for a great dvd writer how can i go wronge, but i won't get that right away, another thing is im sick of my ide ribon cable and this dvd writer is sata=looks better, better air flow (lmao not worth mentioning), and faster trasfer rates. the onyl thing im afraid of is that i'll pick up a 88000gt 512 and the new 9800's will come out for around 450, and i want one although i might have someone who will buy the 8800gt for the same price i paid for, not confirmed though.

hey luke. I just looked at your sig, and if you havent ordered your ram yet, I wouldnt get the 1066. They are pretty much the same as the 800, just with worse timings. If you want your ram that fast, you can oc it, and lower the timings. I ran mine at 1000 just fine for a few days. (never tested them though) Just a thought.

sorry for threadjack

that was my thinking origionally but im new to ocing, the only thing i have ever oced is my gpu. the timmings on those are cl5-5-5-15 (or something) and the ones i was looking at were cl4-4-4-15 (or 12 can't remember) so if you guys can walk me through how to oc them to 1066 i'll do that. but thats for another thread (and in 3 weeks)

yeah, the 1066 are much more expensive and for not much performance gain. They could be useful but the 800 should do just fine. and they will normally have 4-4-4-12 timings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom