Please help, XP won't Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niverive

In Runtime
So I turned my computer off last night when I went to bed, everything was working fine, then when I woke up this morning I turned it on and the computer shut off when booting windows normally, I tried changing several things in BIOS to no avail, always shuts off around the same time frame when booting up windows normally. It boots up safe mode without a problem, but won't run normally, I tried running a spyware scan and an AVG scan, the only thing I got is...

File--------Result/Infection-------Path
Boot sector of disk-------Readng error------C:

I saw that and tried to run a chkdsk but during the chkdsk it shuts off as well, someone please help me fix this.

Go thru Osiris's guide in the Virst section of the forum. Most of that has to be run from Safe Mode anyways. Should help clear up your infection.

Whats the chance its just an infection and not say a hardware issue, I installed the Freezer 64 Pro on my CPU a few days ago it worked fine, made my computer run cooler almost 2 days later my computer smells really bad when I run it, not sure how to explain it, then I turned it off for about an hour turned it back on ran fine but still smelled, turned it off that night, then the next morning won't boot windows normally. It doesn't smell like a burn smell, maybe some kind of chemical or something. But since all I messed with was the CPU HSF, I don't think it could be a CPU problem if it loads windows normally could it? Meh this is so frustrating...

Its not running that hot, I thought maybe the smell was just the TP curing, because it didn't smell the almost 2 days after I put the HSF on

Ok I started running the programs like in his guide, when I started runningAVG Spyware Scan it shut off on me again in safe mode, but now it won't even turn on cept for a few seconds, did I just lose another PSU? Or something else, maybe its what that smell was...idk...I'm gonna try a spare PSU I have that I ran on when my first PSU died, I'll post results in a little bit

I tried another PSU that worked before, I took my PCI-E card out cause it would be too much for this other PSU, so I plug it all in and turn it on the thing still keeps turning off it will stay on if the 4 pin CPU connector isn't plugged into the MOBO, of course nothing really happens, when I plug that cord in tho it turns off after around 10 seconds, wtf do I do now.

Ok so I was able to get it to show stuff on screen then it shut off, and then a little later I was able to get into BIOS and then it shut off a few seconds later, I guess there is the very small possibility this PSU is messed up too but is there any other reason this could be happening?

This might need to be moved to hardware problem section now, someone please help me I'm gonna try calling the computer place I got it from hopefully they will fix it, but it might be easier if I can narrow it down to what the problem is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom