What x38 should I go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both boards can..
Its not always about the board, there are many other variables, Temparture, CPU flexibility and quality, RAM and ones definition of stability.
Oh not to mention a good quality power supply with low voltage/amperage ripples.
Auto overclock features are not reccomended, good for newbies, but you don't want to stay a newbie now do you? :p

lol I am a newb to overclocking ><. Id hate to do it the "lazy/newby" way but I think its for the best as I would hate to mess something up.

Since were on this subject say I pick the Maximus Formula, What HEat sink fan that is reasonably priced would keep a Q6600 Temps cool @3.5/3.6 in a Antec Nine Hundred. Ram is Ballistix Tracers DDR2 800(4 cas, 4-4-4-12 timing)

im still a newbie and i dont use auto lol. thats how easy over clockign is, im runiing 3.8ghz stable now at 40 idle, i wana try atleast one suicide run at 4.0 when i get the 3870x2 and my ram back.

Both boards can..
Its not always about the board, there are many other variables, Temparture, CPU flexibility and quality, RAM and ones definition of stability.
Oh not to mention a good quality power supply with low voltage/amperage ripples.
Auto overclock features are not reccomended, good for newbies, but you don't want to stay a newbie now do you? :p

Why arent they reccomended?

Auto features are not as intelligent as the human care and tweaking. Yet.

They don't always understand certain settings or what you need them for, your intentions for overclocking, certain values may be changed that would go against your needs or Feel for the certain setup.

cant seem to find it on Newegg ><. is it better then the Tuniq tower b/c thats only going for 39.99, or do you need a fan for that one too...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom