GeForce 9800 GX2, 9800 GTX & 3870 X2 3DMark 06 Compared

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think the gtx is going to be 550... if the 8800gts is 280ish...and the 9800gx2 is 450ish the gtx probably won't reach over 400 dollars...

Doesnt the 3870 beat out the 8800GTS 512mb by a rather large number in 3d mark, yet get abosolutly clobered by the 8800GTS 512mb in actual games? Point is that it has been proven many times over that synthetic benmarks favor ATI everytime, but when actual gameplay enters the equation, nvdia always has the lead.

to me, from what ive seen, the 3000 series cards seem to be 'picky' on what games to do well on n what not.

i get like 20-30 fps in Hellgate: London most of the time, but in the ruin city lvls, i get like 15-25 fps. In town, i get 30-45 fps. Everything on max btw.

I always thought that nvidia tended to do better on most games because those games are optimized for there cards.

But ya, the 3870x2 is looking pretty good and i personally hope the 4000 series is ownage so i can go pick one up.

P.S. do you need to have a crossfire board to run a 3870x2? because technically they are running crossfire by defualt because they are on the same card.. hence why u cannot use more then 2 of those cards, because that would be more then 4 gpu's.

Just wondering, because then it would make me happier with my ix38.

Doesnt the 3870 beat out the 8800GTS 512mb by a rather large number in 3d mark, yet get abosolutly clobered by the 8800GTS 512mb in actual games? Point is that it has been proven many times over that synthetic benmarks favor ATI everytime, but when actual gameplay enters the equation, nvdia always has the lead.

thats only in games like Crysis where it doesn't have Multiple GPU support (whether it be Crossfire or 2 GPU's on 1 PCB) but of course in those situations it'd perform like a normal hd3870

i'm not too sure? i know nvidia had they're "crysis optimized" drivers... but im' sure the crysis 1.1 patch was mostly for multi gpu support

but really all you gotta do in the command line is add in some line.. i forget what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom