Dual Channel DDR RAM with Abit NF7-M mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

kold

Beta member
hey all, just registered on the board :)

i have a question about dual channel ram..i am getting an Abit MF7-M motherboard, and want to run dual channel DDR400 PC3200 ram..can i do this while using the integrated video...i know lots of other motherboards dont support this and at most allow you to run PC2700 DDR333 in dual mode using onboard video, however you can run the PC3200 if you use an AGP video card.

is it the same with the abit? am i giong to have to get the PC2700 memory instead of the PC3200 if i want to run in dual channel?

edit: both boards utilize the nforce 2 chipset

ok ill take that into consideration then. my retailer is having a sale on samsung memory, so i was planning to buy 2x512 and run them in dual channel...they are about half the price of a matched corsair set so im gonna give it a shot.

if they dont work in dual channel though, they should work in single channel right? will my graphics performance suffer a lot running in single channel compared to dual channel?

Dual channel memory systems with integrated graphics cards will pull half the memory from each module to attain the total amount needed for video. The rest of the memory is still running in dual channel mode so you will not have any problems with your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom