GeForce 9800 GX2, 9800 GTX & 3870 X2 3DMark 06 Compared

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, ati cards always do better in 3dmark06 for whatever reason. Note how 2900xt crossfire hit 30k but cant play games for crap. I'll still probably end up stepping up to quadfire just because the gx2 should have a better resale value than my GTS 512's, especially since they have dropped almost 100 bucks each in retail price already since i bought them :(

2900xt's WERE crap though. The 3870X2 has already proven itself in games. Whether it can compete with the 9800GX2 is something we've yet to see.

the 2900XT's were far from crap... they just comsumed the same amount of power that usally 2 videocards would normally comsume.

i hardly doubt these are real. considering the 9800GTX will use the G100 GPU and its not even available yet.

i've been doing alot of reading.. and i am not so sure the 9800gtx will be using the g100 core...

the word on xs is just a higher binned 8800gts g92

the way i've been seeing it.. there is no need to release the g100 yet.. as there is no competition for it... why make the mistake of making the first release way before the competitor?

i've been doing alot of reading.. and i am not so sure the 9800gtx will be using the g100 core...

the word on xs is just a higher binned 8800gts g92

the way i've been seeing it.. there is no need to release the g100 yet.. as there is no competition for it... why make the mistake of making the first release way before the competitor?

because nvidia has always done it before and ati has had problems keeping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom