Adding a really old joystick to my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
I've used an old sound card which is a creative sound blaster thing so I can hook up my old joystick which is just as old, it goes by the name of a PC Phantom Logic 3, I dont have any drivers for it however windows detects it and Im trying to add it so i can use it on bf2 and fs2004

Windows detects it however when I go to "add game controller" Im not quite sure which one it is :eek:

http://images.ciao.com/iuk/images/products/normal/866/product-5433866.jpg

Pic is tuny all I could thind :)

~Nick

I sure can...

gamepad.png

EDIT: I've tried the custom option bu I have no idea what to put, all these axis and buttons confuse me :)

Dear god! - Just a few options! - Looking back at the image you initially posted, i can see 6 buttons, 5 on top and one trigger button.

Looking in Contol Panel, there are a few 6 button configs you can try. Probably worth trying one of those?

ok, Whats your joystick, If its one with a 3d twist it will have 4 axses + a throttle.

Im not sure you can put it through your soundcard though as the port your using is designed for connecting a midi music keyboard up. (like ive done).

If you wanna use a non usb joystick you'll need a motherboard with a joystick port. I would recomend buying a 20 quid logitech attack 3d joystick. Much less hassle.

Hope this helps :)

3rd Recon FTW!

Dear god! - Just a few options! - Looking back at the image you initially posted, i can see 6 buttons, 5 on top and one trigger button.

Looking in Contol Panel, there are a few 6 button configs you can try. Probably worth trying one of those?

yeah Ill give it a shot, thanks for the helpful advice :)

ok, Whats your joystick, If its one with a 3d twist it will have 4 axses + a throttle.

Im not sure you can put it through your soundcard though as the port your using is designed for connecting a midi music keyboard up. (like ive done).

If you wanna use a non usb joystick you'll need a motherboard with a joystick port. I would recomend buying a 20 quid logitech attack 3d joystick. Much less hassle.

Hope this helps :)

3rd Recon FTW!

Dude, I wouldnt put that link to our site on here cos it may be classed as "spam" :D

The port Ive got it in is the yellow gaming port and I used to use it on my old pc fine its just finding the right configuration, it aint a twist one LOL, If i cant get it to work then im gonna get a cheapo logitech like you suggested

LOL Thanks, ot seems to work ok with the config: 6 Button joystich with/POV and throttle, i just need to confgire it proplery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom