Need reccomendations on a new laptop for my brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howlz

Baseband Member
So my brother sent me an email that he wants me to find him a good laptop for him. Under normal circumstances, something I could do easily.

But my brother is in the Marines, for now he is in California, but I already know that he is going to be deployed, most likely to afghanistan. So he needs a laptop that can get satellite internet, something that I don't know anything about, other than that it is slow. It also has to be under or a thousand dollars.

Preferably, it would be a durable laptop, able to withstand traveling. I was looking at the Lenovo V200. It seemed like a good choice since it was just short of a thousand dollars in cost, has a built in fingerprint reader (not sure how effective these are vs. theft)

I read a review on it, which noted that it had a pretty sturdy plastic case. On top of that, I've heard IBM laptops are built to last.

in all honesty he'll want something that can probably be taken apart easily to clean out dust/dirt/sand and such. but yeah a lenovo is a great idea. they are usually really light and durable and solid notebooks. also look into toshiba's. i have one and like it a lot and it is really durable.

also one thing to look for is weight. you'll want it to be light so it can be carried around easily and without too much annoyance and strain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom