$600 computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless your subjective to buying "used" parts, you could pick up a cpu at a non-retail place if you can find a good deal (i.e. here on tech forums). most places only give you 7-days to return anyway and after that its yours. but UA_Irons build is really good for the price i'd stick to that if i were you.

p.s. there isn't anything wrong with a-data ram if your not OC'n...

UA Irons is an extremely good build but it has a last gen hard drive...

And whoever said that seagate is better than WD is wrong... Theyre about the same, with Samsung. There is still alot of brand prejudice in the hard drive market, and a general mentality that only seagate make good drives and all the other manufacturers make ****, and im tired of seeing it.

i agree, it really just depends on the drive your getting. WD, Seagate, Samsung, Hitachi, sure there are particular models that are faster than others but everyone makes a fairly equal drive.

on a sidenote.. wow i crossed the 1,000 post mark.

UA Irons is an extremely good build but it has a last gen hard drive...

And whoever said that seagate is better than WD is wrong... Theyre about the same, with Samsung. There is still alot of brand prejudice in the hard drive market, and a general mentality that only seagate make good drives and all the other manufacturers make ****, and im tired of seeing it.

Seagate doesnt make 7200.11 drives in anything smaller than 500gb. That would kind of push things out of the price range.

Hopefully seagate resolved the firmware issue in the 7200.11's.

I just got a e2180, abit ip35v, and 2gb ocz ddr2 800 ram for $211 - $40 MIR = $171 from clubit.com.

I would get that and a 8800gt (theres a couple for $200 right now).

If i were to turn around and sell this, how much do you think I could get off of it? How much should I bring up the price?

This will play counter strike at max no doubt in my mind, if you go with irons build.

COD4 at pretty high, crysis your going to have to turn down settings some.

Dont buy this rig if your thinking of selling it. Gaming rigs do not have good resale value, its better just to sell the parts out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom