What x38 should I go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, so really the extreme/formula boards are better in the 3Dmark06 scoreing area, but like its been said so many times, they will overclock the same. So get the cheaper one. :)

i dont see how you would even lose/gain points because of a different motherboard. the memory, cpu, and gpu do all the work.

So the only reason to get the maximus is to be in the "cool" club? other then that they are pretty much the same? As for the auto overclock features, how does that work?

ive seen no difference in 3dmark from my Maximus and my old 680i..scores were nearly identical with the same clocks.

with my q6600 oced to 3.6ghz i get 5800 cpu score, others who have a 3.8ghs score on other boards have scored somewhere around 5400/5600, tha maximus formula gives u a way better score for lower clocks.

So the only reason to get the maximus is to be in the "cool" club? other then that they are pretty much the same? As for the auto overclock features, how does that work?

Its an option called "CPU level up" in BIOS, you can set it to mimic the clocks of higher end CPU's like the Q6700, 6800, and 6850. Then theres a "Crazy" mode which pushes your CPU further then the clocks for the previous CPU's. Its good for people like me who are newbs and too lazy to OC it manually. I'm happy with my 3.1ghz clock, no need to push it higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom