EVGA Step Up Question on 8800GTX...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Hey all,

I'm a little curious here. Right now Newegg has a hot deal on the EVGA 8800 GTX. I can get it as low as $300. I paid $300 for each of my 8800 GT's. So heres the question. If I purchase two EVGA 8800GTX's how will the step up program work? What price does the step up program go by? I know my old card will count towards the new card. However will it count as a $300 credit or will all cards regardless of purchase price be worth a certain amount?

This is seriously sweet and if I can take advantage of this situation to get a 9800 GTX I'd love to do so. Also can I step up to an Ultra from a GTX? Or is it GTX to GTX only? Thanks in advance guys!

(Deal to get it cheap.. eVGA 8800 GTX - $300 after MIR - Free Shipping - Newegg - SlickDeals.net Forums )

EDIT: Oh and it has 768MB of ram on the card too.

Yeah I saw your page a little bit ago. But figured I'd post a link just if others don't browse. But to anyone else if you can answer how it works. How much a card counts for as credit?

i think you they look at the retaik price of the cards and you pay the difference.
msrp price...something like that if im not mistaken.

nonono you upload your invoice, so they only subtract what you paid. So its not a good deal in terms of stepping up (it actually means that they get a much better deal out of you).

grr... hate evga.

but its ok, you come from the US, they'll prolly bump the EU price up a bit more so they can give you a discount.

Hey all,

I'm a little curious here. Right now Newegg has a hot deal on the EVGA 8800 GTX. I can get it as low as $300. I paid $300 for each of my 8800 GT's. So heres the question. If I purchase two EVGA 8800GTX's how will the step up program work? What price does the step up program go by? I know my old card will count towards the new card. However will it count as a $300 credit or will all cards regardless of purchase price be worth a certain amount?

This is seriously sweet and if I can take advantage of this situation to get a 9800 GTX I'd love to do so. Also can I step up to an Ultra from a GTX? Or is it GTX to GTX only? Thanks in advance guys!

(Deal to get it cheap.. eVGA 8800 GTX - $300 after MIR - Free Shipping - Newegg - SlickDeals.net Forums )

EDIT: Oh and it has 768MB of ram on the card too.

it doesn't work that way ecause don't you have to buy it from them for MSRP?

nonono you upload your invoice, so they only subtract what you paid. So its not a good deal in terms of stepping up (it actually means that they get a much better deal out of you).

grr... hate evga.

but its ok, you come from the US, they'll prolly bump the EU price up a bit more so they can give you a discount.

Alright gotcha! So I'd probably be best to just wait for the 9 series then. My darn step up on my 8800 GT's passed the 3 month period.

You get credit for the amount YOU paid, then you pay the difference between that and MSRP for the new card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom