Orthos Anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
You you can run 2 instances of Orthos, and set it so the 2nd instance stresses the other 2 cores. But Prime95 seems to be one of the more popular ones for quads.

Edit: Heh, MetalOwns beat me to it.

Sorry kind of retarded. Where do I set which processor or cores to test in prime? Having a tough time figuring it out. Any help appreciated.

You you can run 2 instances of Orthos, and set it so the 2nd instance stresses the other 2 cores. But Prime95 seems to be one of the more popular ones for quads.

Edit: Heh, MetalOwns beat me to it.

Posted at the same time though, 10:39.:laughing:

Sorry kind of retarded. Where do I set which processor or cores to test in prime? Having a tough time figuring it out. Any help appreciated.

You have to go into the task manager, and right click the first instance of orthos. Go to "set affinity", and select Cores 1 & 2. Then right click the 2nd instance, and select "set affinity" again, but this time, select cores 3 & 4.

Prime will stress all 4 cores without changing anything I believe.

YEah I downloaded Prime95. So affinity is where i set what cores to test? Gonna dump Orthos and run Prime95 so looking for answers for Prime. Thanks alot for the responses.

Oh. And what type of test should I run?

Prime95 will stress all 4 cores by default I think. You shouldn't need to do anything with the affinity. I don't use Prim95 so I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that is the way it is set up.

yes, the new prime95 (v25.6 i believe) will automatically find all your cores.

depending on what you want to test there are 4 types: Blend, small FFT's, Large FFT's, Custom

blend: everything tested, a lot of RAM used
small: mostly processor, not a lot of ram
large: max heat and power, bit of ram tested
custom: specify settings - usualy i just put in half my RAM to use.

blend is the hardest on the system but hardest to pass i think

i run either small or blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom