Q6600 Temp AF7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
I was wondering. I am running this CPU at stock speeds. I have stock temps of 37,33,37,32 at idle and 52,49,52,47 at Ortho's full load. I am concerned I wont be able to OC this that much. Has anyone else with this config seen temps like this? I was using CPU-z Hardware program for the temps. Just trying to see what people with my type of config are seeing. Also I am using MX-2 paste since I swapped the AF7 from my old E6420 proc. I know this temp thing has been beaten to death. I just don't recall my E6420 being this high at stock. Also what is the comfortable temp you would recommend? Thanks for your help.

P.S. What is the 71c Thermal Specification that is posted on Intels Website. Does that refer to the Tjunction Temp?

It means dont let your CPU cores get over 71C. The q6600 has twice the cores, thus twice the heat of your old e6420. If you plan to overclock, i suggest saving up and getting a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. The af7 is good for dual cores, but isnt going to cut it for an overclocked quad.

Thanks Veedubfreak. Looks like I will go ahead and put the AF7 back on the E6420 for Wifey and just get myself a 120. Man this upgrade has cost me dern near 1k. :eek: Oh can you link me the cheapest place you have seen them. If you don't mind.

got mine from here.
Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme
I suggest picking up a scythe-sflex 1600rpm fan and some mx-2 for it. It comes with some thermalright compound, but if you are going for the max overclock, might as well spend a few extra bucks to get the best paste.

Its big, its heavy, its loud, and its a pain in the butt to mount. Its not worth saving a few bucks for the hassle it causes.

LOL. I installed thisinto my cousins PC and It wasn't too bad. The noise isn't an issue for me at least. But as far as cooling Comparo? Will it do as well as the 120? Sorry to bother but what OC can I expect from the AF7, the Tuniq and the 120?

The Tuniq is a little below the TRUE in cooling performance.

You expect -

AF7 - 3.1GHz
Tuniq - 3.4 to 3.7 range
TRUE - 3.5 to 3.8 range

Get the TRUE like veedub says. It really is one of the best, if not, the best air cooler out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom