what do you think of my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU Charts | Tom's Hardware
go to that site. and tell me that is not a difference in game frame rates. And just compare multiple things, e8400 for the win lol. But what ev, I mean if you running like avg, while decoding a dvd, while ripping a cd a quad core would be better.

i guess i'll give up those frame rates, i seem to remember reading a article a few weeks ago saying that tv programs are filmed at 24 frames per second, anything more then 24 frames per second looks more fluid, just take cyrsis for one people are getting (on average) 30 frames per second during game play and it looks amazing

and yes the reason i pickled the Q6600 in the first place is because i enjoy playing games and whilst my virus scanner was scanning my it always takes a lot of the cpu so with this i can have that running on one core while crysis takes a different core while i play a bit of music

i guess i'll give up those frame rates, i seem to remember reading a article a few weeks ago saying that tv programs are filmed at 24 frames per second, anything more then 24 frames per second looks more fluid, just take cyrsis for one people are getting (on average) 30 frames per second during game play and it looks amazing

and yes the reason i pickled the Q6600 in the first place is because i enjoy playing games and whilst my virus scanner was scanning my it always takes a lot of the cpu so with this i can have that running on one core while crysis takes a different core while i play a bit of music

well ppl should stop comparing benchmarks with crysis, it is one of the worst optimized games.
Although after i updated crysis to the new patch, i realised that it used way more cpu usage, which is a good thing.

and just foreget about comparing benchmarks with crysis...
you will be good with pretty much every other game out there.

well ppl should stop comparing benchmarks with crysis, it is one of the worst optimized games.
Although after i updated crysis to the new patch, i realised that it used way more cpu usage, which is a good thing.

and just foreget about comparing benchmarks with crysis...
you will be good with pretty much every other game out there.

yeah i know i only compared it to crysis because it needs so much to run it, if you can run crysis at medium to high you would be able to run most other games at all high

but what else should i benchmark it with hmmm

* steve takes off his sock *

* steve says yeah this will do *

:p

well fps, I wouldn't settle with 24fps. Consider many ut players won't settle for less then 40 and prefer 60-80. Just speculation but might have something to do with why the game is so optimized. and if it is averging 24fps, that means it dips below that and goes above depending on what your doing. I guess 24fps min frame rate might be acceptable for a rpg.

well fps, I wouldn't settle with 24fps. Consider many ut players won't settle for less then 40 and prefer 60-80. Just speculation but might have something to do with why the game is so optimized. and if it is averging 24fps, that means it dips below that and goes above depending on what your doing. I guess 24fps min frame rate might be acceptable for a rpg.

40+ fps is good.
30 is acceptable
60+ is great

for crysis...umm, depends on the person i guess.

Like ive been saying the past 2 days in this forum, don't get the 9600. It is based on the old g92 core and is just a low cost model of essentially a scaled down 8800gt. Spend the extra cash, and go with a solid 8800GT or 3870 that will perform well for years.

You really need to shut your mouth and stop telling people not to get 9600GT

First: 9600GT is based on G94, not G92

Second: benchmarks are showing that 9600GT performs on par with HD3870 and slightly slower than 8800GT

Third: 9600GT is cheaper than both and it comes with a free game
Newegg.com - MSI N9600GT-T2D512 OC GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

40+ fps is good.
30 is acceptable
60+ is great

for crysis...umm, depends on the person i guess.

i'll be happy to get the games up and running at this moment in time, i haven't even installed any seen i haven't got a pc that runs them

the last verdict is with the combo of a Q6600 and 9600gt i should be getting a minimum of 30 - 40+ frames per second in most games i play on, i remember getting 60 frames per second on guild wars with a old radeon 9600 so it should pummel it now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom