e6750 vs. q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there's a good chance of getting 3.8ghz on a q6600 if he has a good cooler.

More like 3.4-3.6 though

I guess I probably should have included this in the orig. post. My CPU has since stopped being able to overclock for some unknown reason, I've tried EVERYTHING with no success, so I'm just gonna get a new CPU. The only reason I'm considering a q6600 is because of the MicroCenter deal they have for $199.99 for a g0 q6600. Anywho, thanks for all the thoughts, any more help with the above information in mind would be awesome.

(p.s. my hsf is a Tuniq 120)

if you can get for 200 then its worth it. I just hate paying the same price for a q6600 that gets beat in almost everything except multitastking by a e8400 and is getting old (why do you think everybody is out of stock?).

Are you sure its not your board causing the overclocking problems?

Ya I RMA'd my board a while back and they said everything was fine, I also tried my buddies CPU and it OC'd fine, so its gotta be my cpu. I think I may have fried it when I OC'd the heck out of it right out of the box. Speaking of which, so I don't make the same mistake, whats a proper burn-in period to run the cpu at stock before OC'ing? I heard 4 weeks or so???

Ya I RMA'd my board a while back and they said everything was fine, I also tried my buddies CPU and it OC'd fine, so its gotta be my cpu. I think I may have fried it when I OC'd the heck out of it right out of the box. Speaking of which, so I don't make the same mistake, whats a proper burn-in period to run the cpu at stock before OC'ing? I heard 4 weeks or so???

nah...

wait until your CPU Thermal paste sets itself in

there is no burn-in period......

Also its highly unlikely the CPU is fried...I've never heard of a C2D chip dying that was cooled using standard cooling. Have you tried overclocking the chip in someone else's board?

there is no burn-in period......

Also its highly unlikely the CPU is fried...I've never heard of a C2D chip dying that was cooled using standard cooling. Have you tried overclocking the chip in someone else's board?

Ya, its totally fried, it won't even boot in others' mobos. So about how long does it take for the thermal paste to set in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom