$3,000 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
I know its a lot to spend but its not for me. Its for a friend that only wants to do Video and Audio Editing. He needs everything form the ground up
CPU
MoBo
Ram
HD
PSU
Video
Sound
Optics
Wierless Mouse and Keyboard
Case
Cooling
Display
Headphones
Speakers
Heatsink
OS
Anti Virus

He stressed to me about application load times and HD capacity, so im thinking of huge HD's in Raid 5 or 0? I just need some help picking the right parts for him since he wants it for school, and im use to building gaming rigs.

quad core... id got q6600 and over clock it to like 3.5 or 3.6

a true heat sink with a high flow fan

8 gb pc 1000 ram

700 watt psu either pc and cooling or crossiar

8800 series gfx card mainly to run dual monitors.. that might be overkill yet

good audio blaster sound card

full tower case (im getting a Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail it has great cooling and air flow for the price)

two 22 inch monitors

vista ultimate 64 bit so you can run 8 gigs of ram

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more! for the parts

as far as a mobo goes im no expet there but i hear the P35 design is amazing and has great OC ability

I know its a lot to spend but its not for me. Its for a friend that only wants to do Video and Audio Editing. He needs everything form the ground up
CPU: q6600
MoBo: Abit IX38
Ram: OCZ Reaper 4gb Kit
HD: get 3 Seagate 32mb Cache HD's and make a RAID5 Array
PSU: Corsair 620hx (usually I recommend the 520hx, but the extra HD's and optical drives, use the extra Rails over the 12v)
Video: 8800gt (maybe you could cheap out here, he just needs a card that has dual Monitor support)
Sound: X-FI ExtremeMusic
Optics: get anyone
Wierless Mouse and Keyboard: get a g9 and some keyboard
Case: find something he likes
Cooling: ??? same thing as Heatsink right?
Display: 2 of any sized :D
Headphones: same as below
Speakers: I'm not good here ask Crysallis
Heatsink: TRUE w/ Scythe S-Flex
Anti Virus: get AVG pretty great

He stressed to me about application load times and HD capacity, so im thinking of huge HD's in Raid 5 or 0? I just need some help picking the right parts for him since he wants it for school, and im use to building gaming rigs.

filling the gap

With a 3K budget I really suggest the gigabyte DQ6 X48 or the Asus maximus extreme X38..
Not that thee quad GT is a bad board cause I have it and its uber but, just, the DQ6 X48 and X38 maximus extreme are better with such a budget..

The optical drive should be either optorite or plextor since you have the cash to burn and the power supply should be of these brands.
PC power and Cooling
Silverstone
Super Micro
Corsair

I appreciate the help, as far as editing it may be both render and film based. As far as cooling goes, would basic fans do the job or should i look into water cooling?

4gb is pretty much max,
basic fans would do the job, but water cooling looks cool and will enable you to overclock a bit higher

The guys who im building it for has no idea about how to OC, so im am trying to set it up to be as dummy proof as you can get it. Thats why i like the Q6600 cuz it will last for a long time and not need OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom