Lapping a TRUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can tell if it has been overclocked or to many volts have been pushed into it. Seriously, it does leave burn lines and such in it, and it can and will show abnormal wear in some places.

they could but they won't. it's an expensive procedure to look inside a cpu. they just take the RMA orders, it's cheaper to replace than investigate. my friend RMA'd a QX9650 that he had taken on a liquid nitrogen run to something like 5 or 6GHz.

as far as i know there is no processor that has ever covered overclocking under warranty.
Intel's view of the matter is that it considers its warranty voided if its products are operated outside of their specifications, regardless of whether the product in question is a CPU or a chipset.
from Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770: UPDATE | Tom's Hardware

this is in reference to a quad extreme. just because they unlock a multiplier doesn't mean they will cover you running a processor outside it's specifications.

oh, cool.

I think veedub(if it wasnt you im sorry, I am way to tired..) said something about only extreme's being covered. But that is good to know.

oh, cool.

I think veedub(if it wasnt you im sorry, I am way to tired..) said something about only extreme's being covered. But that is good to know.

Nah, that was me that said that. I thought I read somewhere that extreme's were covered =\.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom