How to install xp without the xp cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you click the link you get 3 download options.

1 from bondongo, 1 from megaupload, 1 from fastupload. Just click the download button near one of those and it should take a second but redirect you to the download link.

You download the file. Extract it with WinRar or any other compression applicaiton that can handle .rar files. Then just watch it with WMP. It is a .avi file in there that you watch.

ok can I burn winnt and winnt32 (all 4 of the files in I386) to create a boot disk to install on my computer that won' boot? That was the reason I came here.

Here is a question Eric. A person i recommended this to said that autostreamer will not slipstream SP2 into the XP disc for them. They tried both just selecting the exe and also extracting it and neither worked. Do you know how to solve this issue?

how to install xp with out the xp disc part II

this is improved video from the last guide since I now have a more computer friendly hdtv to give me proper screen capture. this topic originated here.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-install-xp-without-xp-cd-156805/

This is a tutorial to show people how to install XP without the XP CD.

How to install XP without the XP CD

If your computer didn't come with a XP disc, like most name brand store bought computers (some will give you a useless restore disc), then it probably had an I386 folder on the c drive. Check to see if it has a winnt32.exe file in it. Click it to see if a window's installation will come up. I have seen a couple of I386 folders that didn't have the file. Back the folder up. You can reinstall XP with it

You just need a BartPE CD or ERD Commander 2005 cd. follow the guide. I found an old i386 folder o one of my computers that was obviously missing a few files. ignore those mesages.

I'm hoping the this can stay here for a week or 2 before mak will merge it with the old post so that more people can view it. you can view this without any special codec

MassMirror.com - Download installxpwitoutthexpcdpartII.wmv

Mirror provided by Mak213 AKA KSoD
Mirror 2

I use VMware Server to do the install as I could not capture it any other way.

If you have a brand name computer (i.e. hp, gateway, Sony, dell) you also have a driver folder on your c drive. Back it up too. Millions of people reformat their comp. then have to look everywhere on the web for drivers that they already have. Duh

Watch the video for the rest of the info. Positive comments are welcome.

Many thanks to Warez Monster (Tech Forums) and Vertigo173 (Demonoid) for giving me tip to make this video

Re: how to install xp with out the xp disc part II

Okay so would you like this one stickied and the other one removed? I will download this and get the file hosted on my site for a backup as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom