Choosing A Wired Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

kytherea

Beta member
Hi all !

Need a bit of assistance please. Am looking to buy a wired router, but don't know anything about them, and am having trouble finding relevant articles online.

Are all wired routers the same? Is there any feature I should look for? Is any brand better than the others? Will I be able to surf chat game and download files still?

Any advice will be much appreciated!
:)

Well, alot of opinions are around, but basically all routers do the same functions.

You will still be able to do all those things, though it might require a bit of configuration on your router.
(I should be able to help with that, when you get it.)

To be honest, if you want the easiest one to configure, see if you can find a "2wire Homeportal"

Not sure if those are sold retail or not. Otherwise, you cant go wrong with a Linksys Cable/DSL router.

Yep, you can't go wrong with a Linksys.

It's what I use at home and it's what we use at school.

I like D-Link Routers! No problem with mine and it was cheap for like $30 on Sale! Its not hard with a wired router *Thinks Back* Ok...I'd probably go with cordless! :p

You'd need a CAT5 Cable and my cable is 50 ft long and just reaches - holes in cellar ceiling and everything! :rolleyes:

Hehe, I hope Im talking about a right router! :p

Go for a cisco 2514.. Yeah.. they are cool.. you can do all sorts of things with those.

That would be cool if you could afford it, but you probably can't and even if you could you would more than likely be biting off a bit more than you could chew.. so yes a Linksys is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom