Hard drive formats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiritai

Solid State Member
I am going down the course of my build and I just ordered an intel e8400 wolfdale due to continuous and uproariously ecstatic recommendations...from every last person on the planet it seems.

Next, I am going to purchase hard drives. There seems to be quite a few formats. My last build was in 04 and things were simpler then.

I also just ordered this:

Newegg.com - ASUS Striker II Formula LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I had purchased a new (thought it was) MSI K9A2 platinum from a friend in need as I was initially going to go AMD, but the circu-pipe had a break in it. My pally graciously bought it back to try to RMA.

As I have decided to go with nvidia gpu since 8800gts (g92) are going down in price. I have also always had good luck with their driver/game support in the past.

Would I be correct in this HD format for this motherboard?:

Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST3250310NS 250GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA-300 Hard Drive - OEM

I was going to raid 0 two of these. The price seems great with all the capacity I need.

I have never heard of SATA-300 before. Was this called something else prior, or entirely new?

I thought hard on the WD raptor, but they seem to be falling behind the times like me.

I appreciate any help!

Yeah your good to go.
If you don't know much about SATA and would like to know more Wiki it. There is a ton of cool info on the article there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom