Need future build suggestions ($2000 budget)

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i showed him the list and his response as follows:

looks good.. I made a few changes... - added raptor drive (until we decide if we're gonna use an alternative, though I defo want two hdd's) - tho you can remove this if you wanna get it from elsewhere - replaced wintv mce-150 with pci-150 - removed windows xp x64... will get elsewhere - changed ram quantity to 2... I reckon I'll get 8 gigs if I'm going for XP 64.

is the 8 gig of ram really necessary????

Those programs he mentioned before, do sound serious. I'm not sure though. The only thing I can think of, that would take up that much, is CAD on high res or servers.

Those programs he mentioned before, do sound serious. I'm not sure though. The only thing I can think of, that would take up that much, is CAD on high res or servers.

do you think i should stop him....or have him go for it?

It's his money. I can't tell him what to do. Only suggest. What I would suggest, is have a feel for it. See how 2 x 2GB works out with those things. And if it doesn't work out, get the second pair.

Can someone pls review the wish list.
He wants to buy this within the next few days.

HE already got the 9600GT and q6600. I bought those for him from microcenter.
q6600 for only $200bucks and the 9600gt for $160 (Microcenter FTW)

hes thinking of getting the acfp 7 for the cooler so i hope taht will keep things cool enough.

The wishlist is good to go, in my opinion.

well i just boubht the q6600 and the 9600gt from micro center and the total came upto $383.
now if i get the 8400gs, does it matter what brand i get for it? i was thinking msi since it was really cheap or the xfx model....

and would you say the acfp is enough or he should get something better?

It doesn't really matter about the brand, unless you care about the warranty services and what not.

The ACFP7 is good enough, if he's only planning to overclock a little. I'd say any higher than 3.2GHz, he'd need a better one. But at least it's way better than the stock cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom