Need to know what files are needed to run installed software

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to i go about getting the installers? I thought the "installer" was only on the software CD and that means you'd have to go buy it again. :confused: I have over 10,000 USD in software on my computer and all of my CD's have been stolen i cant just go buy the stuff again.

This wouldnt be possilbe. As you would not be able to catch every entry made. Plus if i am not mistaken there is something out there like this for XP already. But you see the issue is that there are so many things created. From desktop icons to the App Data stuff to the hidden profile fodlers to the stuff in the prgram folders. You would most certainly miss it.

If all this is jsut so you can get the stuff and move ti to another hard drive. Get the installer and install it to that drive. Even more simple than trying to find someone who can hack the Windows registry to record all its changes. Not the mention of recording all teh changes to the system folders at the same time. That would require a hacker to get all that accomplished as there are very few people who can do this without some kind of hacking experience.

How to go about getting the installers for the software? I thought that the installers were ONLY on the software CD. I have over 10,000 USD in software on my computer and if you need the installers that requires you to go buy the software again right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom