New Build - $1800

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailpog

Daemon Poster
Hi,
I'm looking to build a new gaming computer.I want to be able to play games like Flight Sim X and Crysis on full settings I need a monitor but I already have a hard drive.
My max is $1800 .
Thanks

View Sonic has great monitors they can be a little pricey sometimes. I would defiantly go with a Gforce video card for flight simulator. 2 gigs of ram if you are running xp and 3 if you are going to run vista which I don't recommend.

Q9450 or E8400 (With TRUE heatsink and mx-2 paste)
Gigabyte DQ6 X48 (Or ASUS maximus extreme/formula X38)
8800 Ultra super clocked
4 GB Crucial ballistix tracers DDR2 800
PC Power and cooling 610 Silencer or Corsair 650TX
Audigy 2 ZS or Audigy 4.

Hard drive optical drive case moniter pretty much your choice.

Should i not wait for the 9800Gx2?

Also heister, Im not talking about upgrading my current build...
What do you mean the raptor is pointless now?
Also ste reccomended 8800Ultra so what do you mean when you say step up to the alpha dogxxx ?

only buy the card if benchmarks are out, many benchmarks which clearly show it being far better than an overclocked ultra for the price.

Should i not wait for the 9800Gx2?

Also heister, Im not talking about upgrading my current build...
What do you mean the raptor is pointless now?
Also ste reccomended 8800Ultra so what do you mean when you say step up to the alpha dogxxx ?

I'm not expecting much from the 9800gx2, because the 9800gtx seems like an OC'ed 8800gts g92, so I'm expecting a let down

what i meant is copy the build you have now and change a few things.. also the raptor is pointless now because there are drives out that have such a high cache that almost makes up the drive speed difference also they are a much better price to size value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom