what do you think of my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would bet money that the e8400 will kill the q6600 across the board in gaming for the extent of their lives. Plus it costs 40 less, and is based on the newer 45nm architecture. Plus is a better overclocker!

prob just wasting your time though, cause I ain't even sure your motherboard can support it if not sorry!

thanks guys.

looks like i'm going for a E8400 seems the best choice for me, has a newer 45nm thing (yes thing) and £30 cheaper then the Q6600

i might consider the 8800GTS 512MB , not 100% sure, £50 more then the 3870 512mb and dose what i need so its like should i pay for a few more FPS but it dosent look like its worth it

stick with the q6600.
go with the 9600gt if you wanna save more money.

and the corsair 550 is non modular compared with the 520hx(which is modular)

stick with the q6600.
go with the 9600gt if you wanna save more money.

and the corsair 550 is non modular compared with the 520hx(which is modular)

and the difference between the modular and non modular is ( i really dont have a clue )

i'm kind of set for the E8400 now, i know the Q6600 would be good for a few years but i would not use 4 cores, yes i do games but not the best games out that needs 4 cores to even think of installing

do you know any sites that have done benchmarks on the 9600gt

a modular cable psu lets you choose which wires you want to have plugged in instead of having all of them all on the psu.
You get to choose how many sata cables you want plugged in...etc
Google Image Result for http://www.pcstats.com/articleimages/200611/corsairHX620W_jack.jpg

I would also recommend the q6600 cos its future proof. Even though you may never use the other 2 cores.fully...its still a quad and thats what makes it better.
Dual core is old news... I really dont think you will loose A LOT of performance i if you choose the q6600 over the e8400.
I was told that the 9600gt is on par with the 3870. but the 8800gt is better.
If you have a microcenter near you , you are in big luck. They are selling the q6600 for $200 and the 9600gt for $160....i just bought those two for this one build im working on.

that explains the modular psu

the closest (and cheap) is www.aria.co.uk, there main supply center is a 20min drive away from where i am and they do over the counter sales as well, that where i've got all my parts from so far

i'm just looking into the 9600gt, it might be worth me getting it

and i'm sticking with the E8400 now i know the Q6600 is future proof but i'm looking at upgrading sooner or later ( sooner rather then later ), looking at upgrading after the intel 8 core cpu's come out so cheap now and upgrade to a Q9550, hoping there part of the price there actually are now

that explains the modular psu

the closest (and cheap) is computer hardware, components, systems and peripherals at the lowest prices from IT supplier Aria Technology, there main supply center is a 20min drive away from where i am and they do over the counter sales as well, that where i've got all my parts from so far

i'm just looking into the 9600gt, it might be worth me getting it

and i'm sticking with the E8400 now i know the Q6600 is future proof but i'm looking at upgrading sooner or later ( sooner rather then later ), looking at upgrading after the intel 8 core cpu's come out so cheap now and upgrade to a Q9550, hoping there part of the price there actually are now

well what games will you be playing and do you care about maxing out every game with the highest resolutions or not?
the 9600gt will do you good, but the gts 512 will do you the best(what i have)

well what games will you be playing and do you care about maxing out every game with the highest resolutions or not?
the 9600gt will do you good, but the gts 512 will do you the best(what i have)

well the 3 games i have in front of me, winding me up till i get a pc that runs them are gears of war, crysis and the orange box

i would be happy to get mid/high settings on them, i think it would run crysis at the middle settings mainly and the other 2 trying for more high then mid

i worked out my max budget for the rest of the is £430, with that i need 2 more GB or ram (£41 for the same type), the cpu, gpu and the os, kind of hoping for good gpu without the 3870x2 price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom