Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one more problem to discuss...

when I try to shut down the computer from OS.. It won't shut down totally...
you know.. It's shuts down but power stays on.. so I have to manually press
shut down button on chassis for couple of seconds. any idea...wat's going wrong..??

I found a solution... when I unplugged wireless usb card ( wusb11, It works..but It's XP's driver..) So I think very well in vista.., anyway.. thanks for the help..:)

Got a Vista query. I know that XP Home edition can be hacked so that XP Pro features may be used. I was wondering if Vista was the same way.

Such as what? Ultimate features on Home Basic? No. There have been a couple of hte Ultimate Extras that have been hacked but things like BitLocker and the backup can not be hacked onto your PC.

Which OS do you think is best with gaming, surfing the internet, and everything else? Vista home basic or XP home?? I just built a new computer and now i need an OS to install on it so i wanted to know what my choices are...well to be more specific i wanted to know the pros and cons of both the OS's...vista home vs XP home...

Again as i have stated several thousands of times. It is all personal preference. I can sit here and go thru the list but it will be different from every other users list out there. No single person can tell you the pros and cons of each OS cause it is personal preference. I prefer Vista. I like XP very much but i prefer Vista. If i had a choice, which i do, I use Vista more than XP.

The answers are all here. This thread has alot of info on Vista nad can answer every question you have. Just liek a search of hte forum fro XP Versus Vista will also net you results.

The only thing i will say. Is that Vista Home Basic is jsut that. Basic. It does not have any glamour to it. It only has the Vista Basic theme which is blue. Nothing more. No hacks to get Aero as they dont work.

So your best answer will be to do the research. The answers are all here.

only thing from Ultimate that can be duplicated for Vista Basic, is all the features Basic already has :D

except Aero, I'm sure you can get a WindowsBlinds theme and get to use it for WindowsBlinds, tell me if I'm wrong

Basic doesnt have Media Center. IT does not have BitLocker nor foes it have the backup feature which is in Ultiamte, Enterprise and Business edition. None of htose are a Ultimate Extra which can be put onto Basic.

Basic does not haev any features that Ultimate does. It can only get the Extras. Dreamscene, Texas Hold Em and that is it. Sorry Atomic but you are a bit off on your post saying that you can get everything for Basic that you can have in Ultimate.

Aero, BitLocker, Backup, and much more are in Ultimate rather than Basic.

M$ ****** me over again!! I just got this update thing from M$ and all of a sudden i reboot it asks me to reactivate and all of a sudden my key is in use on another computer WTF? This is legit windows vista btw

looks like ima have to call em up and wait for an hour on hold :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom