Q6600 Cooling Options and HD question

Status
Not open for further replies.
big differences

Zalman < Tuniq < TRUE < Scythe Infinity < That AC cooler (its like $200)

Zalman products are good at cooling, but most of us here don't recommend them, because they are overpriced for the performance, as an Arctic Freezer pro 7 or 64 (depending on AMD or Intel) is about 1/3 of the price of most Zalman Coolers, and their temps would be maybe 2-5 degrees higher than a Zalman, and if they need the extreme cooling, we'd recommend a Tuniq over a Zalman

the true is better but, ppl have been complaining of the curved bottom on the true and how lapping it has had no real effect in increasing the amount of contact surface with a q6600

the true is better but, ppl have been complaining of the curved bottom on the true and how lapping it has had no real effect in increasing the amount of contact surface with a q6600

Only if they did it wrong. My temps came down 5c on the inner cores and 14c on the outer cores after lapping my true and q6600.

Hmm, in that case I may change my future build to a TRUE w/a nice quiet fan vs the Zalman9700 I was thinking about. It isn't a big price difference, so may as well. Sounds like I will end up having to lap it, which I have never done, but will be a good experience I suppose ;)

edit: On the subject of TRUEs, this a decent deal? Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler

I think thats the price i paid for mine. For what its worth, i have had my q6600 as high as 1.55V and at 100% load never went over 65C :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom