Switching between two OS's

Status
Not open for further replies.

ineedhelp

Solid State Member
I have windows Xp on one hard drive and suse linux 9.1 on another hard drive. Is there anyway or any program I can download so that I can switch between the two without having to reboot my computer?

Yeah, you can use the utility D3LE73.exe on your Linux drive...

...or...

Try GRUB
I know nothing about it because I try to avoid Linux when possible, but apparently GRUB will let you run Windows and Linux on the same box more easily.

ShoobieRat said:
Yeah, you can use the utility D3LE73.exe on your Linux drive...

...or...

Try GRUB
I know nothing about it because I try to avoid Linux when possible, but apparently GRUB will let you run Windows and Linux on the same box more easily.

If you know nothing about it, why the hell are you suggesting it?

Ineedhelp, there is no such utilty that will let you switch between the two OSes w/out a reboot. What you have to understand is that the OS and the hardware work hand in hand. Without getting into a long explanation I will tell you that what you're asking for is not possible with today's computers.

Ineedhelp, a good primer in computers is what you need. Pick up a good book on computer basics that explains the mechanics of how a PC boots up and the components inside it necessary to make it work. Then you'll better understand what i meant by my last post. I'm not very big into spoonfeeding people with info. they can readily get off the net or in bookstores.

ineedhelp said:
what books or websites do you suggest Lone Wolf Boy?

First of all, I'm not your "Boy" and you haven't known me for long enough on this board to be so casual with me. I suggest you follow the proper protocol on the boards and address people by their real name or by their username.

Probably the easiest book set to get would be one of the A+ certification exam prep books. They go over the history of computing/basic computer parts and interaction between the hardware and OS of your computer.

If you're really in those "For Dummy" books, they even have an A+ For Dummies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom