Pictures and files backup cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

odie072

Baseband Member
Question, I had to replace MOBO and CPU due to a PS frying. When I booted after replacing, apparently windows was corrupted and I had to reload. Now I'm having issues (internet problems and other small things), and I believe I need to reformat the hard drive and start over. The only problem with this is I enjoy photography, have a lot of pictures on the HD, and I need to put them on CD or DVD. Which should I use?? The last time I backed up onto a CD was when I had a Dell, but since then I've replaced the computer and when I try to load the CD's I get a message that tells me "the program used to create cannot be found". I just used the "copy to CD" in windows IIRC. How can I avoid this in the future and how would you copy pictures and files in this situation??

Thanks, hope that makes sense..:freak:
odie072

One more question. All of my pictures and documents that I want to save are all in one common folder. Would it be OK to leave them in that folder or divide up between pictures and documents?? I know this all sounds pretty simple, but I want to be able to keep the pictures and not have the same trouble I had before.

Thanks again
odie072

I suggest an external hard drive. Move all your files to it and then format your primary drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom