Some upgrades/changes, i would like opinons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even better, the IX quad gt will only cost you 189.99 with a 30 mail in rebate.

Which makes it and even better buy.
Newegg.com - ABIT IX38 Quad GT LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Not to mention the fact that the Quad GT garuntees FSB up to 1600 Mhz while the 780i you posted only, officially supports up to 1333 Mhz.

And I am running 1600 Mhz FSB, no problems, I was running 1648 Mhz before, but that board died, Abit replaced it for me.
Compare them side by side, the Quad GT wins especially in price.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Dude, jump on this deal, when I bought my Quad GT it was 229, you can have it for 189. Do it!

Oh!

Well if you think i should go for this mobo, then i might. Will it have support for those future processors that veedub always drools and waits for? And it doesnt have support for crossfire or sli right?

But it looks good to me, its bookmarked and added to cart.. Hopefully i will get that soon.

Support for crossfire.
But multi card solutions are still not worth it, so it doesn't matter either way.

Should support the 32nm CPUs with a bios flash is nothing else.

Well, vedub was talking about some nehlam's or something like that. I'm not exactly sure.

Support for crossfire eh? It wont matter that i have an 8800 GT at the moment though right?

Edit: I mean i will have only one soon.

You can have any single card you want, but it only supports crossfire.

The skull trail X48 board supports both.

but still not worth it.

Ya, isnt the x48 like a bazzalion dollars?

I'm not a fanboi, but i am now comfortable with nvidia since i dont have any ati cards, lol.

This board will be compatible with all my parts right? including ram, cpu cooler, and proc?

Hm, i do like this idea of an xfire board... that would give me the option in the future for it if i ever wanted to :). Now i hope the 9 series ISNT good :p or if it is, ATI comes out with something better.

I need to think about it more, any more opinons?

the skull trail is alot of money but since it supports both it gives the promise of less expensive x48 boards of being hacked to support both.

it will work with all ur parts..

yeah, but the new nehalem's are gonna be a new chipset. so ehh new board or like ste says, skulltrail

I pretty sure a bios flash would allow X38's to support 32nm
but we won't know for a long time.

Theres no garuntee that the 780is can support 32nm without a bios flash...

Its too far off to know for certain.

well if the skulltrail work with the new nehalem's then how much? (probably crazy, but i should still ask lol) I thought the 780i supported the nehalem's?

If the 780i supports it offically then that would be great and i would probably go with that, but what if i buy that x38 and a bios flash didnt work for the 32nm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom