Project UV Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stuff from performance-pcs.com arrived today! Everything as ordered and I'm running the water cooling leak test in my bath tub! I've got pictures of everything ! woohoo, I'm going to start building the actual PC configuration now and setting up the drilling and cutting markings with he masking tape I bought today

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

DSC00704.jpg

DSC00705.jpg

heh, I'll upload some more later tonight, I think I'll start sleeving cables now lol, although I'll probably get bored with that and start tinkering with the PC parts

after I sleeve the cables, I'll be tracing the expansion cards onto the acrylic for the backings, I won't be able to get anything cut until Sunday though... unexpected ski trip

brb, going to go get the PSU unplugged and to start sleeving the cables

yeah, I'll be heading out to microcenter for those :(, forgot to order them

sleeving is going pretty well, doesn't seem so hard, but if my molex has 2 black in the middle and a red and a yellow on the ends, are the blacks interchangable? (can either black be in either place in the middle?)

garggh, I can't fit the heatshrink over the doubled over molex pins... I guess I'll just use the fatter heat shrink on it.

edit: since the case has to be cut on Sunday... I guess I cant build the PC until then... since the aluminum dust will mess up the PC

I'm going to put the PSU back into my old PC and just run it until then since I miss playing some games lol

Update, Rad grill was cut and placed, computer was assembled and everything is running great

This coming weekend I'll be cutting out the acrylic backings and fitting those to the cards, I'll also try some other aesthetic additions.

DSC00709.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00714.jpg

DSC00712.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

very nice mod.. looks absolutely delicious :)

heh thanks, I'll be cleaning the wiring sometime this weekend, and I'll also be adding some black wiring over the tubing (the anti-kink curly stuff) so it will be a more defined look.

oooh yeah, I'll also be experimenting with an engraver on some scrap acrylic

if I'm any good I'll be adding "Project: UV Blue" engraved on the side window and possibly my username or anything else you guys can think of adding, maybe I should come up with some "Cup" logo/avatar...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom