Should I bother with AM cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
buy some Arctic Cooling paste before you spend money on a HSF.
56C load is nothing to get worked up about. and you said most games are running 50C anyway.

your motherboard's bios possibly has a fan control, however it should be defaulted already to full @ the temps you are talking about.

buy some Arctic Cooling paste before you spend money on a HSF.
56C load is nothing to get worked up about. and you said most games are running 50C anyway.

your motherboard's bios possibly has a fan control, however it should be defaulted already to full @ the temps you are talking about.

He already ordered it, plus it comes with the thermal on already, and it makes less noise than stock.

Ok I just got it in today, I gotta go to work soon so I'll prob mess with it after work or tomorrow, does anyone have any advice for me, this my first time doing this, I got Articlean 2, but man this HSF is heavy, so any advice on how I should go about this safely and efficiently?

Btw should I face the fan to the back of the PC or the front, I know it says back but I have an intake fan on the side of my case and a exhaust fan mounted on top in the middle, thats' why I'm wondering.

that probably wasn't because of the temperature... many stock CPU's come at 50 C load or even a 40 C idle... stability almost always has nothing to do with temperature unless your reaching safety throttling or shutoff temps...

a hot CPU won't actually increase room temperature at all... maybe by a few C? if you notice even with a hot CPU, your case will remain just above room temperature...

lol, i can feel my room getting pretty hot when running prime....

Btw should I face the fan to the back of the PC or the front, I know it says back but I have an intake fan on the side of my case and a exhaust fan mounted on top in the middle, thats' why I'm wondering.

I'd point it towards the back,I pointed mine that way and i also switched my top fan to intake and it dropped my temps pretty quik,I only have a cheap 3200+ but its oced to 2.6 and never breaks more than 34*c on heavy load with my fans set up like that.

I might be able to move that fan to the back but I dunno if it'd be good to have two intake fans, and no exhaust fans, I could put the fan in the back and leave it as an exhaust fan, any suggestions?

I didnt move any of my fans, i just installed it with the fan pullin air in from the back but the rear fan still pulls out. My temps are good anyways since the fan pulls air from the sides too.

Ok well this thing was **** to put in I took the old one off, cleaned the CPU with Articlean, then I was checking to see how it would fit, I had to cut off the ends of the clip, and not only that but there was thermal residue on the socket and a little bit stuck inbetween some of the pins but there was no way I could clean it so I just left it since it still works, atm I'm running about 10 C cooler than normal, we'll see how it runs tho, I've only had it on for about 15 min, it was hard to get the clips on, I had to take out the top exhaust fan so I could get out the PSU that was in the way, but finally got in on, had to disable the smart fan feature too cause it kept turning my computer off cause the fan was running too slow. Anyways I'll post again temps later tonight and then again in a week after it gets better conductivity.

Does this stuff smell in its first week? I came in my room after going out for about an hour and I walk in and it smells bad, I can't describe the smell, there's nothing different in this room cept that new fan with the MX-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom