Noob Looking 4 Some Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

chr_mar

Baseband Member
Im putting together a budget gaming and family use pc on $450CAD max. So far this is what I have come up with.

1. CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 or E6400 ( which one is better?)
2. MoBo - ASUS P5B or P5K (which one is better?)
3. Memory - 1x2GB Corsair DDR2 667MHz + 1x1GB Corsair DDR2 667MHz (Is 3GB overkill? 1GB only cost $15 so why not.)
4. VideoCard - XFX GeForce 8600 GT XXX
5. PowerSupply - ????

If you want to through in some suggestions go right ahead I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks, Chris

I would suggest going with the E4600. The only real difference between the two is that the E6400 has a higher front side bus, but for moderate gaming and family use the E4600 is plenty.

Also, as far as a power supply goes, just look for something between 450-500W. That should give you all the power you need and then some.

And for the motherboard, look for a P35. I have found one on Newegg for you that is inexpensive, well rated, and will do everything you need it for.
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Retail

Re: My Budget just got bigger

OK so I decided to sell my PS3 and use about $300 of it to my budget. I going to try and switch from a console gamer to a PC Gamer. Most of my friends have all the good consoles anyway so if I need my fix I go over the their house. Witht he new budget Ive changed all my ideas and im going Bigger and Better.

1. CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 ( I have this one but if I need a better one let me know?)
2. MoBo - Gigabyte P35(would this still be good for my new specs?)
3. Memory - 1x2GB Corsair DDR2 667MHz + 1x1GB Corsair DDR2 667MHz (Is 3GB overkill? 1GB only cost $15 so why not.)
4. VideoCard - EVGA GeForce 8800gt Overclocked
5. PowerSupply - ????

If you want to through in some suggestions go right ahead I would really appreciate all the help I can get.

Thanks, Chris

Just check out newegg if you already haven't. They should have some great deals on everything your looking for. Also check reviews and that should tell you a bit about what brands are the best for memory, power supply etc. Do some extensive research that should help you build a better computer.

all the parts that jfenwick listed are pretty solid...
have you decided for sure on your video card yet?
i think i saw something about a '8800gt overclocked'... do you mean stock overclocked, orrrr...?
need any advice on the subject? i dont think anyone has made any just yet... hmmm... - RK

Yah I have pritty much desided to go with the gigabyte p35 L or P upgrading to an e6750 and a venquisher, 8800gt factory overclocked and 2gb of Crucial Ballistics memory with a corsair 550w PSU. Final price should be under $600 CAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom