wierd ass problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SiLv3R_

In Runtime
ok i have the most bizzare problem i have ever seen... so i was installing a new hard drive on my aunts computer and instead of pressing the power button to shut it off i accidentally pressed the reset button... and wuts happened since then is really really wierd :confused: ... since i pressed the button the monitor and keyboard and mouse have refused to work.. the moniter led dispays an orange led as if it was not recieving a signal or something and the three keyboard lights go on when the computer starts but it loses all fuction after that point and well i havent had windows installed so i havent had time to check the mouse.. but ya i tried taking everything off the mother board and reconnecting it then i tried unplugging the reset button from the panel on the motherboard but still no luck.. can anyone help me figure out wut this problem may be :confused:

so i was installing a new hard drive on my aunts computer and instead of pressing the power button to shut it off i accidentally pressed the reset button
im confused... did u press the reset button b4 installing the HD? during installation of the HD? or after the HD was already installed?

perhaps i shudve been more clearer... i hooked up the hd inside the bay then pressed reset for god knows what reason =\ and i ended up in my cuttend position

i redid everything took apart everything on the mother board then hooked it up again and i cant get to the bios seeing as the monitor continues to display a blank screen and an orange led like its not getting a proper signal =\

ehm.. tell me you're using a ps2 connection for the keyboard? if you're using a usb connection maybe the bios got corrupt and you'll have to reset the options in it, to enable usb in posting. With that orange led that sounds like a wireless connection.

i hooked up the hd inside the bay then pressed reset for god knows what reason
if im the only one still confused about ur situation, then smack me, but im still not clear.

was the computer on while u were installing the HD? or was it off wen u pressed the reset button? if it was off, the reset button wouldnt have done anything.. if it was on while u were installing it, i dont know wat kinda problems that may cause or maynot cause, but if it was on durring installation id say thats most likely the cause of the issue.

okok hers wut happened i had the computer off hooked up the sata hard drive but then turned it on and had trouble installing windows onto the drive when i realized i needed to use not just the sillicon 3112 drivers but the via drivers (as this particular computer has a via chipset) so i reset the computer to restart the installation and from that point on it went breserk on me.. and yes its a ps2 connection for both keyboard and mouse

ok, from ur first post i thought u were just installing a second IDE HD into her comp. all clear now. thx

you should prolly post the PC specs like micro suggested, especially witch Mother bourd is in it.

did u try resetting the cmos? was her old HD also SATA?

ok nvm i figured out the problem... its my aunts computer and she had a cheap ass ices motherboard on there.. and she didnt have proper cooling either so it just overrheated and burned out... got a new gigabyte motherboard and some better cooling soo she wont have the same problem again ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom